Monday, February 14, 2011

{Peace...Love...8 } : A Hippie Chick Birthday

Hello! 

So with this new birthday theme, I had a whole new challenge:  turning store bought birthday supplies into something unique.  My client wanted to use the Hippie Chick theme from Birthday Express which I thing is just adorable and perfect for her 8 year old! 

Photo taken from http://www.birthdayexpress.com/
 So first, the invitations.  We wanted to adapt one that I already designed for my niece's birthday.  But to make it coordinate with the rest of the theme, I designed the bottom border to resemble the patterns found in the balloons and the napkins!



I also used the same idea to customize the labels for the candy buffet.... 



Centerpiece "lollipops" would be used in floral arrangements...



The banner and favor boxes...


Cake, cupcakes and cookies by a local vendor {Little Cupcake Shop} completed the look of the main table.


As always, really happy of the outcome.  I'm still missing a few pictures, which I'll post as soon as I can!

Next up: {Princess Birhthday}!!!

Ciao!




6 comments:

  1. My 6 year old wanted a peace sign birthday party and the Hippie Chick line fit the bill. Very colorful and more youthful than the other retro lines out there. We used the peace sign straws as party favors and they were a big hit!

    Hippie Chick Party Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm busy planning a Hippie Chick party and am so thrilled I found you! I just LOVE your goodie bag! Thanks for the sharing! I'll let you know if I use any of these wonderful ideas and I'll link back to you!


    Hippie Chick Party Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your ideas. Where did you buy the tags for the favor bags?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi 2girls... I made everything myself... :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your invitations.. do you make them to sell???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shae,
    Yes, those invites are available for sale. Contact us at partyliciousevents@yahoo.com for an estimate and availability.

    ReplyDelete